OpenSpace is our new WordPress theme. This is also our first responsive theme built on the basis of own framework. A responsive design adapts itself to a particular viewing environment such as desktop or mobile, without the need for separate layouts for varying platforms.
We wanted to have a solid base we could build on top of when creating a new WordPress theme. We took advantage of our haunches best solutions in several well-known framework for WordPress (Gavern, Warp, Gantry). At the same time we did our best not to complicate too much admin panel. And first of all, ensure compliance with the latest standards WP theme development. Eliminate unnecessary hacks and overrides (so that the theme was up to comply with all correctly coded WP plugins) and all PHP warnings, notices etc.
The result, we hope, easy to use, consistent with the habits of the average WordPress users framework that provides plenty of features. Here are some of them:
- Support for custom page and colours styles extend the functionality of standard subpages.
- Widget logic-enable conditional display of widgets only on slected pages
- Social API – enables buttons to be added to easily share posts with social network services.
- Open Graph support
- Threaded comments.
- Comfortable and easy font settings (Google fonts and FontSquirell fonts support)
- Post formats support – image, video, gallery, audio, aside, quote, link, chat post format supported
- Custom SEO support
- Branding – theme is fully rebrandable
- …and much more